• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Match HELO with the rDNS

John Bboyd

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a plesk (ver12.5, CentOS 7) server and in it, there are multiple domains. These domains have been distributed amongst 2 different IPs. (4 domains on IP1 and 3 domains on IP2). I want to match the SMTP HELO with rDNS because it helps with the email deliverability. I know there is an option in the Mail Setting "Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting", but I've been told that I shouldn't use that and it will get me blacklisted. I've been told that I should only use that if I have a dedicated IP for each of my domain name. Link to an article - http://www.abuseat.org/PleskAvoid.html

1. Can someone please explain it to me in detail, why I shouldn't, why I've been suggested that it'll get me black listed ? (main question)
2. What is plesk doing about it ?
3. Can I truly not achieve matching HELO-rDNS without wasting IP space or getting myself blacklisted ? There is no alternative to this situation ? My emails to hotmail are currently tagged as spam and I feel that this could be the problem.

John

• Plesk version: 12.5.30 Update #23
  • Postfix:
    2.10.1-6.el7
If you need any other information, please let me know. I really need a solution to this.

Is plesk buggy that it is unable to bind to different IP addresses to send email on behalf of each hosted domain ? Can someone please tell me that at least ?

We have already submitted bugreport PPP-19937 regarding this issue. Documentation of this feature will be corrected as soon as bug fixed.

Back