• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mchk and Perl

W

Whistler

A short simple question:

Is the mchk utility depended on the perl installation on the Plesk system?

I've just manually upgraded Perl from 5.005 to 5.8.7 and just ran mchk but it crashed the entire mail setup - lost all mailconfiguration in qmail/control and in qmail/mailnames

But I don't get any errors... only thing changed is Perl - but I've never used mchk since I've upgraded my systems from 7.1.7 to 7.5.3 so I'm not sure if it's buggy or a problem with Perl (a misconfiguration or a missing CPAN module)?

Running Plesk 7.5.3 on FreeBSD 4.9

Any help appreciated :)

ah, this seems (partially) not to be related to the Perl upgrade - or at least some of the problem is not...

The problem with mchk not writing the correct qmail/control files was related to the fact of poor (very poor) programming in the mchk utility...

If mchk for some reason fails on writing a .qmail file - it halts with an error. Unfortunately it writes the controlfiles on the fly as it parses the mailnames - which of cause leaves the system with a bunch of incomplete controlfiles.

(upon activation the mchk utility start out by truncating/deleting the controlfiles)

Guess I have to write that in a bugreport... That really sucks :-(

Still haven't found the answer to why mchk ignores all my spam settings when it writes the .qmail files - is this a bug in 7.5.x(3) - can anybody confirm/decline that?

And just got the answer from Sw-Soft that Perl 5.8.7 actually isen't supported until the release of the 7.5.4 version... :-(

Damnit - have to rollback to Perl 5.8.6

Just so you know :)

Back