• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved memcache 3.0.8 for PHP 5.6 on Ubuntu 16.04

remy

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

I tried this to install memcache for PHP 5.6:

How to install/uninstall memcached or memcache extension for PHP on Plesk server?

This installs the stable v2.2 of memcache (works), but I need the latest one. When I uninstall it and try it with /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install memcache-beta, it installs the correct one, but it won't show up in the phpinfo - seems it won't be loaded (although it is found in "Additional .ini files parsed:" /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.d/memcache.ini).

Someone can help me?

What is output of command

# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php -m | grep memca

?

BTW, compiled without any problems with

# yum install plesk-php56-devel make gcc
# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install memcache-beta
# echo "extension=memcache.so" > /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.d/memcache.ini
# /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --reread

# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php -m | grep memca
memcache

This is the result:

Code:
root@stage3:~# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php -m | grep memca

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/plesk/php/5.6/lib/php/modules/memcache.so' - /opt/plesk/php/5.6/lib/php/modules/memcache.so: undefined symbol: mmc_queue_remove in Unknown on line 0

And the whole installation progress (with some more output and too long to post here): root@stage3:~# /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install memcache-beta downloading me - Pastebin.com

Try to remove

/tmp/memcache
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/lib/php/modules/memcache.so
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.d/memcache.ini

run

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --reread
yum update plesk-php56-devel make gcc

and repeat module installation again.

files/folder didn't exists anymore after the remove-process described by plesk.

I tried updating with

Code:
apt-get install --only-upgrade plesk-php56-dev make gcc

and got

Code:
»gcc« ist bereits die neuste Version (4:5.3.1-1ubuntu1).
»make« ist bereits die neuste Version (4.1-6).
»plesk-php56-dev« ist bereits die neuste Version (5.6.37-ubuntu16.04.18072014).

Everything seems up-to-date

Maybe something with my gcc-version? It is:

gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.10)

Unfortunately no Ubuntu 16.04 with Plesk for testing, but I have compiled memcache module on Plesk Ubuntu 18.04 without any problems. Do you have enabled any third-party apt repos?

You got it, thank you very much! Next beer is on me :)

This did the trick:
Code:
CFLAGS="-fgnu89-inline" /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install memcache-beta

Back