• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

memory alloc error upgrading from 8.3.0 to 9.2.2

AlexanderJ

New Pleskian
I am using the autoinstaller feature of 8.3.0 to try and upgrade to 9.2.2 however the install is failing with the following error and I now have a half broken 8.3.0 install :-(

Any ideas what would be causing it and/or how to work around it?

Many thanks!

<SNIP>
Starting installation of packages
Installing the package psa-appvault-gallery-2.2-8201720080409010331.noarch (b 0xa6087c0 source=0x9c6e960 P:13076 R:1)
memory alloc (12 bytes) returned NULL.
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because either there is
not enough free disk space left, or there are package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please, contact product technical support.
[root@jane-carr sbin]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-id PLESK_9_2_2 --upgrade-installed-components

Hello,

The error message means lack of memory. Please, check the resources on the server:

# cat /proc/user_beancounters (just in case you have Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) installed in the container)

Please, check the follwoing article for more information:

http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1354

Also please, check the available disc space:

#df -h

Thank you

Hello

I see in the error log: "not enough free disk space left". You need to check whether there are free disk space available, it is possible to do with:
df -h
command.
Also, if it is virtual server you need to make sure that there are enough resources, you can do it with
cat /proc/user_beancounters
if there are failed counters - you need to increase these values.

Thanks for the replies everyone and yes it is definitely a memory issue as you suggest - to get around it I ran the installer in interactive mode, and de-selected installing the applications library, and this got past this stage.

It is running on a dedicated virtual server at MediaTemple

Disk Space:
[root@xxx local]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vzfs 20G 7.7G 12G 40% /
simfs 20G 7.7G 12G 40% /tmp
simfs 20G 7.7G 12G 40% /var/tmp

Back