• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Memory and CPU 100%

A

Alekseya

So hello Guys,

I need your help, after upgrade to Plesk 11 i have many problems :

1. CPU to 100% and more i see it with command TOP from SSH i have FUSER, FIND so i kill it from SSH and CPU ok !! But 2-3 Hours after i see from command TOP that Fuser and Find come back. My question how i may kill its forever ?

2. I have 4GB in Server! So after reboot my server i have 2Gb used and 2Gb Free but in 30 Minutes my memory out Used 4GB. My question how i may solve its problems after upgrade !!!!

Thank you !!!!

Hi thx you i have solved my problem with cpu 100%+ now it loads at 10 - 50%
but my problem with higth memory isn't solved i give you attachment
Screenshot Putty
Screenshot CPU
(Sorry for Plesk french language but i'm french)
Help me !

Alekseya, judging by your screenshots, you have only about 2.3 Gb of memory consumed by applications. This is not that bad.

Here's what the numbers in top/free/Health monitor mean, if you need clarification.

Total - your total (physical) RAM (excluding a small bit that the kernel permanently reserves for itself at startup).
Used - total memory in use by OS.
Free - memory not in use at all.

Total = Used + Free.

Buffers/Cached/Shared - this shows memory usage by OS itself for specific purposes. Values are included in the 'Used' value. This memory is usually used by OS to speed things up and can be claimed by applications on demand.

Therefore to see "real" memory usage you should calculate (Used - (Buffers + Cached + Shared)). Alternatively call 'free' command, which does it for you in the '-/+ buffers/cache' output line.

Also, it's worth to note that "MEM" field in 'top' output is "a task's currently used share of available physical memory" or a so called resident set size. "VIRT" or virtual image size is usually more representative in terms of overall memory consumption.

Back