• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Memory & Swap not utilized

Jacek

New Pleskian
Hi on the forum

I got Hetzner Ryzen serwer with 64GB of ram. Plesk + Debian on it. One website, around 15K visitors daily. Using CDN.

Our problem is - this huge memory - 64GB, neither 32GB SWAP is not utilized. I've checked if SWAP is set correctly, and looks like developer forgotten to add parameter in sysctl.conf.

How to Enable Swap on Ubuntu systems - cPanel Plesk

I've done this - but still, swap usage is always "0".

Also, to utilize more ram I've changed usage of RAM in pagespeed module, changed nginx cache to 4GB, allowed PHP script usage in Apache to 8GB, but still, our memory usage is max 2,7%. As we use SSD drives, I would prefer to use more RAM, to not wear out SSD to early. Also CPU usage is reported as between 400 - 600%, I believe could be lower with better memory usage.

Any clues? Search results is always opposite - people got problems with memory leaks, not low memory usage :)

First, when the system requires more memory than is physically available it starts to swap, see and understand: All about Linux swap space - Linux.com

So what u are trying to achieve is that your physically memory is used as best, therefor search for How to adjust and optimize server performance might be more beneficial as just increase some settings to consume more memory. For Example: an adjusted & optimized mysql config would benefit from the available memory too if needed.

In short, high CPU usage may occur due to multiple reasons., there are a lot of entrys in the Plesk knowledgebase how to identify it if it is plesk related.

Last edited:
Ok, the problem were silly - for monitoring I've mostly use my smartphone. Plesk android app is just wrongly displaying memory usage, on plesk in pc browser memory usage is around 25GB, so I guess - correct.

Please fix mobile app, it's very usable to monitor from your smartphone.

Hi on the forum

I got Hetzner Ryzen serwer with 64GB of ram. Plesk + Debian on it. One website, around 15K visitors daily. Using CDN.

Our problem is - this huge memory - 64GB, neither 32GB SWAP is not utilized. I've checked if SWAP is set correctly, and looks like developer forgotten to add parameter in sysctl.conf.

How to Enable Swap on Ubuntu systems - cPanel Plesk

I've done this - but still, swap usage is always "0".

Also, to utilize more ram I've changed usage of RAM in pagespeed module, changed nginx cache to 4GB, allowed PHP script usage in Apache to 8GB, but still, our memory usage is max 2,7%. As we use SSD drives, I would prefer to use more RAM, to not wear out SSD to early. Also CPU usage is reported as between 400 - 600%, I believe could be lower with better memory usage.

Any clues? Search results is always opposite - people got problems with memory leaks, not low memory usage :)

I've been working at Hetzner for a long time

Did you install it with vnc or not? did you do rescue system idle?

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Back