1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft url rewrite module

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by alldirections, Aug 26, 2009.

1. alldirections

alldirections Guest

Is it possible to install the 'Microsoft url rewrite module' on our Plesk 9.2 server?
    This is an extension for IIS 7.

Has somebody tried it allready?

Thank you.

Marcel Wauters

2. Nataliya Zagr

Nataliya Zagr Regular Pleskian

87%
    Hello Marcel,

I did not find any mention of this module at the Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) documentation. But actually it looks like there is no reason not to install the Microsoft url rewrite module.

Thank you

3. alldirections

alldirections Guest

Dear Nataliya,

Just a quick reply to inform you that I have installed the module and that I didn't have any problems.

Thank you.

Marcel

4. Adam McCarter

Adam McCarter Guest

Is there a way to integrate the URL_Rewrite module into Plesk so that users can configure it right thought there?

5. alldirections

alldirections Guest

Dear Adam,

I think that there is no need to configure it using Plesk.
    Users can configure there settings using the web.config file in their application.

Marcel

6. Adam McCarter

Adam McCarter Guest

Some users might not know how to configure rewrite rules manually, or just find the GUI easier to use. Personally, I prefer using the GUI to writing manual rules.

Oh well... yet another custom button that I need to write for Plesk.