• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Migrate cpanel user emails in to plesk

seqoi

Regular Pleskian
Hi there!

Is it possible to migrate cpanel user emails in to plesk? I don't want to use migration tool since i heard horror stories about it.

I am asking is it possible to migrate cpanel email inbox folders (cur) in to plesk? Will copying files simply work? I just want that user have same emails in plesk after migration like he had before in cpanel.

And then is it possible to migrate user password (not that important but i would like to know)

Can i just simply copy content from cpanel to pleskserver /var/qmail/mailnames/mydomainname/accountname/Maildir - because that path is holding same folder structure as on cPanel. Like isaid password is not important i will generate new i just want inbox emails to "appear" there

You need to create the mailboxes within Plesk: either through the panel, or on the command line. Otherwise Plesk won't know about the email addresses and you won't be able to manage them through the Plesk panel.

What I'd normally do is add all of the email addresses - using the command line if there are a lot of them, so I can do it with a basic script - then use something like https://imapsync.lamiral.info/

If you're on Linux, use a command like this to add a mailbox, before the copy.

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail -c [email protected] -mailbox true -passwd A-Password

Thanks for your input. Sorry for me not being clear. I already set up email accounts in Plesk prior to asking here. Everything is ready. I just want to know am i able to copy some of the files from CPanel mail folder to newly created folders in /var/qmail/mailnames/mydomainname/accountname/Maildir and will then old emails "appear" in Plesk inboxes of particular user?

I just checked your script. My users in this case use only POP type for their emails. This is for IMAP. There is a difference right.

If your users are using POP, then they'll have all their messages locally, presumably, and may not need messages transferred between the servers.

But if you do need to transfer messages between the servers, whether the end users use POP or IMAP isn't really relevant: you can still use that IMAP tool to transfer them

Hello. Thanks for help.

Well i simply solved my problem by copying content from CUR folder from cpanel in to PLESK and everything was fine.

Thanks anyway.

Back