• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate from plesk windows to linux

EvolutionCrazy

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

is there some easy way to migrate an plesk windows server (psa-10.4.4-20111103.18) content (hosting (php), databases (mysql) and ftp accounts) to a current plesk linux installation (11.x)?

Looks like migration manager is not able to do that despite asking for the "administrator" password too... hope I'm wrong as I can't believe that Oo
(I've not yet tried)
Does importing a backup created on windows into a linux installation could work as an alternate way?

I'm looking for an easy way to achieve that (we are talking about a lot of domains).
If i've to tell the customer he needs to manually migrate everything I'm sure he'd rather be upset and ask to get rid of plesk altogether and will never want to hear about it again.

It was discussed many times here.
According to migration guide this type of migration is impossible. You can use only one method - create the same domain on Linux server and migrate all content manually.

Back