• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Migrating - Accidentally deleted core files in Plesk 12...

Crash79797

New Pleskian
Hello,
Migrating from:
Operating system CentOS 5 (Linux)
Plesk- Product: Plesk 12.0.?? (not 100% sure as I can't get the info from the server!)

Migrating to:
Operating system: CentOS Linux 7.5.1804
Plesk Product: 12.5.30

Well, whilst using Yum I seem to have deleted quite a few core files from the server I'm migrating from (list below):

Erased: psa-migration-manager
Erased: psa-drweb-configurator
Erased: plesk-core
Erased: psa-health-monitor
Erased: psa-watchdog
Erased: wpb-headers
Erased: psa-migration-agents
Erased: plesk-management-node
Erased: pp-sitebuilder
Erased: wget
Erased: cloudflare-servershield
Erased: plesk-config-troubleshooter
Erased: psa-firewall
Erased: wpb-core
Erased: plesk-l10n
Erased: psa-updates

The websites that are hosted on the server work, but I have no access to the Plesk admin panel (just shows as 'unable to connect').

Unfortunately, this means I am currently unable to migrate my websites from the old server to the new one as I get the error message below when I try to migrate! :-(

Failed to perform action: Check connections
Cause: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (xx.xxx.xxx.xx) with non-zero exit code.
command: cat /usr/local/psa/version
exit code: 1
stdout: ***hidden***
stderr: ***hidden***
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Is there any way to get copies of the older (now unsupported) files as I just need them so I can transfer the website data to the new server?

I do have the option to reinstall the OS on the old server, but don't know if this will wipe the website data..

Please note: my knowledge of servers, CentOS and Plesk is very limited, so would help if you try to imagine your explaining it to a dog when you reply! ;)

Hello!

Unfortunately, Plesk Migrator can migrate only from live servers (which operate properly), so at first you need to fix your source Plesk. I would like to suggest you create a support request for assistance.

If it's just a limited number of sites and doesn't involve email, it might a consideration to zip the files in each of their respective document roots, copy those over, and then bring over databases.

Other than that, it's a bit more of a process to get the old server up and running; any chance that you have a recent image-based backup that you could restore to?

If it's just a limited number of sites and doesn't involve email, it might a consideration to zip the files in each of their respective document roots, copy those over, and then bring over databases.

Other than that, it's a bit more of a process to get the old server up and running; any chance that you have a recent image-based backup that you could restore to?
Sure, if you need to migrate just a few sites you can use Site Import (http://extore.pp.plesk.ru/packages/da879838-ad5e-46f3-8a2c-36d26adbd218-site-import) Plesk extension. It allows to import both sites and mailboxes content from any remote server into Plesk.

Back