• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migrating - Accidentally deleted core files in Plesk 12...

Crash79797

New Pleskian
Hello,
Migrating from:
Operating system CentOS 5 (Linux)
Plesk- Product: Plesk 12.0.?? (not 100% sure as I can't get the info from the server!)

Migrating to:
Operating system: CentOS Linux 7.5.1804
Plesk Product: 12.5.30

Well, whilst using Yum I seem to have deleted quite a few core files from the server I'm migrating from (list below):

Erased: psa-migration-manager
Erased: psa-drweb-configurator
Erased: plesk-core
Erased: psa-health-monitor
Erased: psa-watchdog
Erased: wpb-headers
Erased: psa-migration-agents
Erased: plesk-management-node
Erased: pp-sitebuilder
Erased: wget
Erased: cloudflare-servershield
Erased: plesk-config-troubleshooter
Erased: psa-firewall
Erased: wpb-core
Erased: plesk-l10n
Erased: psa-updates

The websites that are hosted on the server work, but I have no access to the Plesk admin panel (just shows as 'unable to connect').

Unfortunately, this means I am currently unable to migrate my websites from the old server to the new one as I get the error message below when I try to migrate! :-(

Failed to perform action: Check connections
Cause: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (xx.xxx.xxx.xx) with non-zero exit code.
command: cat /usr/local/psa/version
exit code: 1
stdout: ***hidden***
stderr: ***hidden***
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Is there any way to get copies of the older (now unsupported) files as I just need them so I can transfer the website data to the new server?

I do have the option to reinstall the OS on the old server, but don't know if this will wipe the website data..

Please note: my knowledge of servers, CentOS and Plesk is very limited, so would help if you try to imagine your explaining it to a dog when you reply! ;)

Hello!

Unfortunately, Plesk Migrator can migrate only from live servers (which operate properly), so at first you need to fix your source Plesk. I would like to suggest you create a support request for assistance.

If it's just a limited number of sites and doesn't involve email, it might a consideration to zip the files in each of their respective document roots, copy those over, and then bring over databases.

Other than that, it's a bit more of a process to get the old server up and running; any chance that you have a recent image-based backup that you could restore to?

If it's just a limited number of sites and doesn't involve email, it might a consideration to zip the files in each of their respective document roots, copy those over, and then bring over databases.

Other than that, it's a bit more of a process to get the old server up and running; any chance that you have a recent image-based backup that you could restore to?
Sure, if you need to migrate just a few sites you can use Site Import (http://extore.pp.plesk.ru/packages/da879838-ad5e-46f3-8a2c-36d26adbd218-site-import) Plesk extension. It allows to import both sites and mailboxes content from any remote server into Plesk.

Back