• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating Resellers

jprince

Basic Pleskian
Hello.
We have run into either a problem, or a procedural issue with the Migration Tools.
Currently wanting to migrate approx 200 subscriptions belonging to a single reseller to a new server.
I have done a couple test migrations to see what breaks...
(10.4 to 11.x)

What I have found, is if I transfer the entire reseller (first time, must not exist on new server), the
subscriptions transfer, and are owned by the reseller..

If I attempt to break this down in phases, ex.. 30 subscriptions at a time, they transfer to the new server.
The customer is owned by the reseller, however the subscription assets (ip,etc..) are owned by the
Plesk administrator. We have to assign ip address from admin pool, cannot access resellers pool.
The only way to correct is to migrate the customer/subscription remove the customer, create the customer under
the reseller, move the subscription to the reseller, then move the subscription to the new created customer.

Is it not possible to migrate a reseller customer/subscription in this fashion, do I have to move the entire reseller at one time?

--john

Last edited:
Hello! It seems that this bug has been fixed in plesk 11.5.29. I can recommend you to use it as destination for transfer.

Hello.
Any response? We keep postponing the change, pending a response.
Note: Original request was June 6'th, 2013..

While the suggestion recommends moving to a "non" production release, I also have read that many have
other potential problems. Also, since this is a non production, and if I proceed, will I be able to update
this after, or will I need to migrate all to a new install of a production release?

Tanks.

Hello, and thanks.
I have not seen an official release notice with respects to 11.5.
The suggestion is/was to use this to migrate from 10.4.
The last post I seen (today), still leaves 11.5 stable within 60 days.
Plesk-11-5-is-very-close

Back