• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Migrating To Lightsail Question

xxjack189

New Pleskian
Hi,

My company currently has a live site that we want to move to a lightsail instance running Plesk. Our site is using the wordpress CMS.

I have set up the instance and added the site domain which is of course still resolving to the old host. I would like to install WordPress and import our old site and do some testing before I change the DNS records to point to the new instance. But I can't log in to the new WordPress instance in Plesk because it redirects to the old site.

Is the best option here to create a subdomain; create DNS records for the said subdomain and point them to the IP and then use that as a test environment?

Or is there an easier method?

Cheers,

Back