• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Migrating To Lightsail Question

xxjack189

New Pleskian
Hi,

My company currently has a live site that we want to move to a lightsail instance running Plesk. Our site is using the wordpress CMS.

I have set up the instance and added the site domain which is of course still resolving to the old host. I would like to install WordPress and import our old site and do some testing before I change the DNS records to point to the new instance. But I can't log in to the new WordPress instance in Plesk because it redirects to the old site.

Is the best option here to create a subdomain; create DNS records for the said subdomain and point them to the IP and then use that as a test environment?

Or is there an easier method?

Cheers,

Back