• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Migration 9.5.4 to 10.3.1

S

Sanderv

Hello,

I'm currently trying to migratie domains from an old server running Plesk 9.5.4(SLES 10) to a new server which is running Plesk 10.3.1(CentOS 6).

At first I'm trying to migrate a single domain, to test whether everything is working.

I made a dump with the PleskX.pl utility, which works fine. When importing the dump on the target server through the migration manager I get the conflict "Cannot restore Role: Role 'Mail User' already exists in the Panel.". When I tell it to overwrite data with data of the source, the migration fails with the following errors:

WARNING: () Conflict 0 won't be resolved due to resolution 'overwrite' is not available for this conflict
WARNING: () Object with wrong owner has been excluded from restore (5babff72-71b7-45a8-922c-221c7de42e15)

Now when I try to import the same domain again, I get a lot of conflicts of the following type:

Cannot restore User: User '[email protected]' already exists in the Panel.

for all the mail-accounts of the domain, and also the conflict mentioned before regaring the "Mail User" role. What's going wrong?

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the problem. Both queries do not return anything.

On the target server where the import failed, I did notice it created users in the table smb_users for all the mailboxes of the domain I tried to import.

Little update.

Aside from the following warning:
Unrecognized option: '-passwd_type'"
(http://kb.parallels.com/en/11213)

I can migrate the exact same domains just fine using the webinterface migration manager. The only problem with it is it being incredibly slow. Is it somehow possible to make an exact same dump as the webinterface does, and then import it on the target server the same way the webinterface migration manager does?

When I do a dump with PleskX.pl utility and import it through the webinterface it for example doesn't show the progress, so I assume it works differently then direct migration from server to server.

(using virtual machines in VMware, planning to do a dump on a virtual disk, and then mounting it on the new server to prevent spending time rsync'ing)

Back