• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Agent Error

A

albertomesa

Hi there!

The migration agent is giving me this error:
Uncorrect agent-dump-status: sizeTotal = 6, $this->sizeLeft =39, file<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE agent-dump-status SYSTEM 'agent-dump-status.dtd'>
<agent-dump-status>
<pid>8950</pid>
<account>otr</account>
<domain>pain.com</domain>
<accounts-left>0</accounts-left>
<domains-left>39</domains-left>
</agent-dump-status>

I am migrating from Plesk 7.1.5 (on RedHat 9) to 7.5.1 (on Fedora2).

I migrated some domains (3 out of 41) and they didn't show any errors. Now I'm trying to migrate the rest of them (all at the same time / one by one / in couples / any way) and I get this error after pressing next in the domain selection screen.

Please help!

Alberto

Hi there!

I'm still having the same problem. Am I the only one?

Can anybody from SW-soft tell me what is the meaning of the error message?

Regards,
Alberto

same issue

I had the same issue, I removed the option to compress and delete the temp files and the dump started.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

The waiting is over!

Thanks for your answer. I tried that and it worked!

Alberto

Again

I got this problem again on the same two servers for another domain, I deleted some files from the original domain to free space and it worked, seem like a timeout issue with the size of the domain or the compression of it.

Hi there!

I think I spoke too soon.

I had the same problem with other domains.

I'm looking at the origin server and it seems to be compressing the data and suddenly everything dissapears.
I'm uploading the PMM into /home/temp; I'm checking that directory and although I unchecked the option to delete the files after the migration, the /home/temp directory disapears! After that I get the error message in my destination server.

It seems like a timeout somewhere, but I cannot find it.

Alberto

Re: same issue

Originally posted by ehabheikal
I had the same issue, I removed the option to compress and delete the temp files and the dump started.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

I had the same problems, just wanted to tell you that it works when you do what ehabheikal says. Thanks!

Not working again

Well I am happy that my comments help you guys, but as it seems that my solution no longer works for me. It seems that domains larger that 80megs or so are the main problem. Sometimes not compressing works, sometimes not, but I have noticed that this only happens in larger domains. The solution I had was to delete some files and try again, sometimes more than once. It gets done in the end but seems like a strange error maybe timeout related. In the previus version 7.5 this did not happen to me this in my case seems to be related to 7.5.1

I run 7.5.1 and imported a 115 MB big website a few hours ago, but from a fast connection (almost 1 MB/sec) so that might be the reason there was no timeout.

I do not think it is connection

Well my connection is 1.5MB I do not think it is connection speed. It could be server speed or some other thing. This server is p4 1.7 with IDE drives. IF it was connection speed the migration will show at least some data movement but it fails before data is moved.

manual migration works!

Hi there,

after reading all the logs from the PMM I decided to execute the commands manually and migrate all of my domains.

This is what I did:

srv1.olddomain.com --> my old server, where my domains reside. (shortname for this example "srv1")

srv2.newdomain.com --> plesk 7.5.1 server (my destination) (short name for this example "srv2")

All the following commands are being executed in the new server srv2:

1 ------ Install the PMM agent in srv1

[root@srv2 root]# PSA_PASSWORD=<srv1's root passwd> /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/launchpad --deploy-agent --local-agent=/usr/local/psa/PMM/PleskX.pl --ip=srv1.olddomain.com --agent-name=PleskX.pl --login=root --agent-dir=/home/temp

2 ----- Dump domains

[root@srv2 root]# PSA_PASSWORD=<srv1's root passwd> /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/launchpad --dump-domains=<domain1>,<domain2>,....,<domainN> --agent-status-file=/home/temp/PleskX.status --ip=srv1.olddomain.com --agent-name=PleskX.pl --login=root --agent-dir=/home/temp --dump-file=/home/temp/PleskX.xml

3 ----- Transfer the dump files to the new server

[root@srv2 root]# PSA_PASSWORD==<srv1's root passwd> /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/launchpad --get-content --ip=srv1.olddomain.com --agent-name=PleskX.pl --login=root --agent-dir=/home/temp

4 ----- Run the migration manager from Plesk in the new server (srv2), choose the option: Import Mode. Select the domains and continue until it finishes. It takes a long time!

5 ----- Delete the agent from the old server:

[root@srv2 root]# PSA_PASSWORD===<srv1's root passwd> /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/launchpad --remove-agent --ip=srv1.olddomain.com --agent-name=PleskX.pl --login=root --agent-dir=/home/temp

It worked for me, I hope it helps!

You should verify this with somebody from SW-soft before run these commands in your servers.

Have fun!
Alberto

I've got it too :(

I get this similar error message:

Uncorrect agent-dump-status: sizeTotal = 2, $this->sizeLeft =98, file<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE agent-dump-status SYSTEM 'agent-dump-status.dtd'>
<agent-dump-status>
<pid>30902</pid>
<account>pageweavers</account>
<domain>goores.com</domain>
<accounts-left>0</accounts-left>
<domains-left>98</domains-left>
</agent-dump-status>

I'm moving a domain from Plesk 6.2 on RedHat 7.2 to Plesk 7.5.1 on Fedora Core 2. The domain consumes 64MB of space but I've got 750MB of freespace available. I've tried unchecking all the boxes and am moving just this one domain. Is there any other ideas I can try??

similar errors...

During a migration I had to cancel because i had to upgrade my plesk key for unlimited domains.

When I went back into the migration tool it kept kicking back an error that said failed to upload agent.

I then tried everything including sending an urgent tech request to SW-Soft - 24 hours later no reply

So after reading this thread I decided to try running manual migration.

I got an error. This is the error.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
Another instance of launchpad is running:
<message code="AlreadyLockedException" severity="error"><context>commons::FileLock::FileLock(const std::string&amp;, short int, int, int)</context><file>commons/commons.cpp</file><line>25</line><args><arg name="fileName">/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/launchpad.lock</arg></args></message>

System error 11: Resource temporarily unavailable
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/launchpad: Another instance of launchpad is running:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<message code="AlreadyLockedException" severity="error"><context>commons::FileLock::FileLock(const std::string&amp;, short int, int, int)</context><file>commons/commons.cpp</file><line>25</line><args><arg name="fileName">/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/launchpad.lock</arg></args></message>

So I went in and deleted launchpad.lock and then the migration tool worked again.

So I have discovered that Sw-Soft plesk error reporting SUCKS

Anyways I am back up and running now. Thought I would throw that in since others may have similar errors with the migration manager.

well was just about to repoint name servers to new server that i migrated to.. decided to not just check a few but check every single domain that was migrated.

Turns out that about 50% of the domains that were set up did not migrate any CONTENT over from the old server. Although no error message appeared... to solve problem just deleted domains and re-migrated.

How is it to have that kinda catastrophic failure i will never know ... Just another line in the error document I am writing up to SW-Soft for when this project is done.

possible reason

One of the things I have noticed is all the domains of mine at one time or another were moved from one client profile to another.

Any of you other guys with the error move a domain from one client to another?

PS I moved them manually in database by changing CL_ID to new client id.

Re: possible reason

Originally posted by 2tonecafe
One of the things I have noticed is all the domains of mine at one time or another were moved from one client profile to another.

Any of you other guys with the error move a domain from one client to another?

PS I moved them manually in database by changing CL_ID to new client id.

I've had to move a few domains from one client to another in the past; but none of the domains that I've tried to move that fail were of this type.

I sincerely hope that swsoft is working on a solution to this problem as I've got domains to move and customers on my back waiting for it to happen...

Back