• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Migration Manager

burnleyvic

Regular Pleskian
Today I've been working my way through migrating a website from one busy plesk 12 server to another and wanted to ask why there is no progress displayed on the destination server? Migration manager on destination just sites there for literally 10's of minutes with "Retrieving information from host.. This can take a while, please wait." with no indication of if its working or stuck. Yet if I look on the target server under /var/cache/<migrationid>/dumping.status.xml the file is updated with current progress. Could this not be displayed in the target server GUI so that we can get an idea of how its going?

the info is there it just needs to be presented so the admin can see it;

<agent-dump-status completed-domains="550" completed-accounts="361" total-accounts="451" total-domains="755"/>

Also there seems to be a bug in the PMM as when the dump list completed on the source server the destination server did not refresh the screen to give me the list of items to select. I waited for 20 minutes after dumping.status.xml said it was complete but still no change. When I clicked out of the page and back into the migration I then received the completed list of items to migrate.

Note that if you do this before the initial dump completes on target you will likely get an error 'Migration session does not contain ObjectsList' as the dump generation is aborted. ):

This was with FF 33.0.2 and 2 x Plesk 12.0.18 Update #21 Centos servers.

Apart from the horrifically slow initial list generation (dump) the rest of the process is good.

Back