• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration: Backup Restore Failing

S

selinium

Before re-imaging my server, I backed up the files via the Plesk panel and uploaded them to my FTP Backup Server.
After the re-image, I have tried to restore the backups via the Plesk panel which fails :

Unable to restore file: Error: domain_bu: Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/vision-image.co.uk/vision-image.co.uk_2006.03.14_21.27

Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/vision-image.co.uk/vision-image.co.uk_2006.03.14_21.27

I have tried to run the backup via ssh psarestore this also failed.

[root@p15161759 ~]# /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f /var/lib/psa/dumps/vision-image.co.uk/vision-image.co.uk_2006.03.14_21.27 -m map_ip -s shell_map

===============================================================================

Attempt to connect to MySQL server ... done

Checking packages installation ... done

Restoration is stopped: domain dump is detected.
[root@p15161759 ~]#

I also tried to restore via the single domain method aswell.

Tearing my hair out!

Any help gratefully received.

For me, when I restore or backup, it keeps the site offline. I restart plesk and it is still offfline. I have to actually reboot to get teh sites back online!

To answer your question, some genious thought to only make backups work for that specific plesk installation. THe morons never thought that the user had to have his drives reimaged in order to install a RAID 5 and then need to retore the backups.

The people at plesk are morons that cannot even offer support in their support forum. I think I will begin to blog all about these jokers.

Solution!

Hi there all,

I hope that everyone who ends up with the same problem finds this page and it is useful. As both my Provider 1and1 and Plesk haver not made things easy.

So then, I will describe how to re-install a website on a Plesk system following a re-image of a drive.

Firstly create a client account, for the purpose of this tutorial I will call the client Wibble Limited.

slide1.png

Then re-create a domain. For the we will use monkeyhead.com

Now to restore monkeyhead.com you need to run the following command.

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore --single-domain-mode -f FILE --domain-name DOMAIN_NAME --domain-ip DOMAIN_IP --client-login CLIENT_LOGIN

Where FILE is the backup file. This can either by the full path to the file on the server or you can use ftp://USER:[email protected]/path/to/file

DOMAIN_NAME in this case would be monkeyhead.com

DOMAIN_IP would be the IP address of your server.

CLIENT_LOGIN in this case would be 'login_wibble' (see above image)

I hope this will be of use to anyone struggling to restore domains.

Cheers :D

Back