• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration error: Unable to count messages in mailboxes

hansitheking

Basic Pleskian
Server: Ubuntu 14.04.5, 12.5.30 MU 47
At the moment I am trying to migrate my installation to a new server. Both are on Ubuntu 14.04.5 and the current Plesk version (12.5.30 MU 47) and alle updates are is installed. In the migration log I always find the following lines for alle Domains.

Code:
|- Mail domain 'example.com'
|  | 
|  `- error: Unable to count messages in mailboxes:
|     - [email protected]: POP3 connection to 'IP-MIGRATION-SOURCE' as '[email protected]' failed: -ERR [AUTH] Plaintext authentication disallowed on non-secure (SSL/TLS) connections.

Therefore it seems the new server (destination) tries to establish an insecure connection to the source server to count the mail. SSL for postfix and dovecote is set up on both servers, but of course i don´t like to transport the mails via an unencrypted connection.

Hello!

On Unix Plesk Migrator perfrom coping of e-mails via rsync (over SSH): just syncing maildirs content between source and target servers.

But after migration was completed, Plesk Migrator runs post-migration checks: verify, that all migrated emails are accessible via target mail server.

@IgorG this eror actually appears on a new installation (Ubuntu 16.04->20.04 Plesk 18.0.34->18.0.36), too. Is there any way to debug Plesk Migrator or set SSL options?

Back