• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Error

F

frank-sup

Hello

When i have many domain and i only migration 6 Domain i get this error :

Uncorrect agent-dump-status: sizeTotal = 6, $this->sizeLeft =206, file<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE agent-dump-status SYSTEM 'agent-dump-status.dtd'>
<agent-dump-status>
<pid>11834</pid>
<account>testuser</account>
<domain>test.net</domain>
<accounts-left>0</accounts-left>
<domains-left>206</domains-left>
</agent-dump-status>

Whats wrong, must i transfer all domain ???

thaks for soon answer.

Hi Frank,

from which CP do you try to migrate? Which Plesk version do you have 7.5.0 or 7.5.1 ?

Regards,

Bobby

I used the migration manager to migrate recently.. and got the same error...

Here are the work arounds...

It seems that if you select a single domain, you will get that error, if you select a client (with any number of domains under that) you will not get the error and it will migrate fine.

That said... mailman is the issue. If the domain has a maillist on it, go in and dump their mail-list members, back up their maillist archives and delete the maillist from Plesk. Then do the migration, even for a single domain it will work.

If you move the domain under a client, then you can migrate it over fine, if you move that client. That said, you will still have issues with mailman on the other side. Either way, once I started getting rid of mailman, I didn't have any issues.

If you have any larges sites that get "hung" up and stop transferring over... don't stop the trasnfer, go to the server your migrating from, and ftp over the migration files it created and put them in the /usr/local/psa/PMM/archives folder. Stop the transfer of migration in plesk, then do a Import from Local. Works flawlessly.

If you STOP the transfer before you copy those files off the server your migrating from it will remove them and you will have to start over again.

Ehh ... I don't agree.

I do not even have mailman enabled on a PSA key level and I have had lots of domains give me same error.

When I manually migrate domains sometimes I get "can not create www in dns" for some reason or another.

I simply think that there is more error checking that needs to be programed into the migration manager. It doesn't check for everything and when it does it crashes with that error instead of giving a soft warning when applicable.

I recently migrated 250 domains from PSA 7.0 to upgraded server running PSA 7.5.1and there were errors all over the place. Most were errors that the migration manager was catching but instead of fixing would hard crash and end migration. Worst case senario should ask to cancel or continue.

Just my 2 cents.

PS.. I have been using plesk since it was v 1.3.1 and I would never be caught dead using the term for something made by PLESK or SW-SOFT - "Worked Flawlessly"

Migration issues

I do a lot of migration for some datacenters and I have seen more issues with the migration manager is Plesk 7.5.1 then I have in a long time. I am seeing issues where www. ftp are not able to be added to the DNS, clients addresses are not correct because they do not have USA addresses.

The latest install of Plesk 7.5.1 is changeing setting in the httpd.conf to not have index.php index.htm which are also left out of php.conf. This version has given me many many headaches and I am trying to migrate my own clients now from one datacenter to another and am getting errors galor.

Revmagi

Re: Migration issues

Originally posted by RevMagi
I do a lot of migration for some datacenters and I have seen more issues with the migration manager is Plesk 7.5.1 then I have in a long time. I am seeing issues where www. ftp are not able to be added to the DNS, clients addresses are not correct because they do not have USA addresses.

Revmagi

I am having the same problem with WWW. is not being added to the DNS correctly. Still working on figuring that one out...anyone?

Also, when you migrate a domain, cannot login via FTP or SSH using the imported domain's user credentials (wrong password).

any help would be great...

thanks!

Hello

You should upgrade to Plesk 7.5.2. There were some issues with the 7.5.1 migration manager and there have been a few versions in 7.5.2 I have moved over 1000 domains with 7.5.2 migration manager and the only thing that has been causing me errors now are clients that try to set things up in Plesk as if they were not using Plesk. Now I make sure to check client and domains information and settings as well as DNS. Checking these has made life easier. The other day I moved 11 domains, after moving them the e-mail did not work at all, permission issues and a lot more. All on a Fresh Plesk 7.5.2 box. The migration manager had only told me that the anon FTP, www and FTP would not be added to dns and that it did not like the client information. I went back to the old box, cleaned up settings, turned off anon ftp as they were not suppost to have it, Cleaned up the client information and address. Redid the migration with 0 errors.

Revmagi

Back