• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from DirectAdmin has a problem with empty mailboxes

Fu-Raz

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Migration from DirectAdmin has a problem with empty mailboxes
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 #1
Plesk Migrator 2.6.3-0
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When migrating e-mail box from a DirectAdmin server that has just been created (no mail received yet), the migrator gives the following error when syncing:

Failed to copy mail messages of mailbox '[email protected]': Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-core --set-mailbox-disk-quota --domain-name=domain.com --mailname=emptymailbox --disk-quota=-1
exit code: 1
stdout: Maximal allowed number of attempts to create a maildirsize file exceeded
System error 11: Resource temporarily unavailable
Fatal error: plesk::mail::FSError(unable to store mbox quota: Success: "/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/emptymailbox")

stderr: DEBUG MaildirPPManager::setMailboxQuota(..., -1)
Maximal allowed number of attempts to create a maildirsize file exceeded
System error 11: Resource temporarily unavailable
Fatal error: plesk::mail::FSError(unable to store mbox quota: Success: "/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/emptymailbox")​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Create a new mailbox on DirectAdmin (make sure it hasn't received any mail yet) and try to migrate the account to a plesk server.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Mail box doesn't get created and migration fails.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
The mailbox should have been created.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Hi Peon,

I've checked the kb, but shouldn't this error come up all the time if that's the case? It only happens on a migration where there's an empty mailbox. If I delete the empty mailbox, the migration completes without any problems.

Could you clarify, does the affected Plesk server contains "/" symbol in hostname?

I tried to set hostname with "/" symbol in Ubuntu server 14 and in Centos 7, but system refuse creating such hostname.

Last edited:
Back