• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from local files problem (10.4.4)

phlampe

New Pleskian
Hello All !

I've been trying to do a "migration" from local files without success after many many tries, and I really need some help here... My idea is to send automatically a dump of my source Plesk server to my destination server, and have it ready to be imported in case the source server fails (and if I could import it automatically, that would be great).

But the import fails for reasons I don't understand.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Source server: Plesk Panel 10.4.4, CentOS 5.5, Dual Core
Destination server: Plesk Panel 10.4.4, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, Dual Core

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. on the source server, I have a script that generates a dump and then sends it with wput to the destination server
2. the script uses the following command to generate the dump files:
./PleskX.pl --dump-all
I also tried "./PleskX.pl --dump-all --server --admin-info" and "./PleskX.pl --dump-all --split-size=1073741824 --server --admin-info", but it didn't get better (only more duplicate or conflicts errors at step 9)
3. all the dump files (xml and tgz) are sent by ftp using wput to the destination server
4. both the source and target directories are purged before every try
5. I also remove any existing clients from the destination server, to start clean
6. I start the migration with the "Transfer data already processed by the migration agent and located on the local host" option and the full path to the dump.xml file (this might helps others: be sure to give to full file name and not only the directory location of the dump.xml file: for example "/vda/backups/magnolia/PleskX/dump.xml" )

ACTUAL RESULT
7. first unexpected result: I get some conflicts errors on the next step, about some objects already existing, even when everything was deleted at step 5: (I removed the actual email addresses, and left only one of each kind)

[email protected] of Panel administrator
Cannot restore User: User '[email protected]' already exists in the Panel.
admin of Panel administrator
Cannot restore User: User 'admin' already exists in the Panel.
Mail User of Panel administrator
Cannot restore Role: Role 'Mail User' already exists in the Panel.
Application User of Panel administrator
Cannot restore Role: Role 'Application User' already exists in the Panel.
WebMaster of Panel administrator
Cannot restore Role: Role 'WebMaster' already exists in the Panel.

8. I use the option: "Use configuration and data from backup" to resolve conflicts

9. the import then runs, and I get errors in the log. Out of 18 domains, 17 are imported, 1 never gets imported (I removed the actual IP address)

ERROR: (client object 'formitel') Failed deployment of domain formitel.net

ERROR: () Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --create formitel.net -owner formitel -do-not-apply-skeleton -notify false -guid a23f0a40-ad35-4af2-ae8d-20ef24fd6bb1 -vendor-guid 0be16646-df50-46dc-9a38-f32a77d87ff3 -creation-date 2007-12-28 -ip 1.2.3.4 -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occurred during domain creation: Domain with name "formitel.net" already exists

10. And another inconsistency: when I check the customers list (Hosting Services -> customers), I find all 7 customers and 17 domains listed, but when I check the Hosting Services -> Domains list, it's all empty

EXPECTED RESULT
An identical Plesk installation (customers, clients, …) to my source server

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
When I migrate by connecting directly to the source server, everything works fine.
A possible source for the failed deployment would be an incomplete removal of the "formitel.net" domain: what else can I do to completely purge my destination server ?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help,
Paul-Henri

I ran some tests, by reimporting everything directly from the server and not from local files.

I don't get the conflicts errors (step 7 above), but I still get a failed migration for domain formitel.net. It means that that problem isn't related to the local files, but more to some kind of incomplete domain or customer clean-up when I remove them before import. It could be that the conflicts are also related to that bad clean-up, but some of the user mails it complains about don't belong to the formitel.net domain.

Any idea how to really clean the Plesk installation (unless it means reinstalling everything ?)

Paul-Henri

Back