• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Migrator does not delete non-exist file?

enduser

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49 Update 2
Hi,

I use Plesk Migrator to migrate domain from A server to B server, since the data is huge, I need to re-sync for several times in order to reduce data difference during migration.

However I found that Migrator uses rsync without --delete option, during the migration the end user may delete some emails which already sync to destination server in the very beginning. After I finished the migration, user found the deleted emails appear again.

This problem also applies to website - If website removes cache or file (maybe by CMS or FTP), those files will appear again on destination server.

Can Plesk simply add --delete option to the rsync in order to fix the email/website data asynchronous problem?

For MySQL, if the table already exists on destination server, Plesk Migrator will remove it and migrate the whole table, there is no problem with this result. However if the table does not exist on source server, Plesk Migrator won't remove it on destination server. This situation won't happen in most circumstance, however I think Plesk Migrator should remove all tables and migrate again, so that the MySQL data is 100% accurate after migration.

This could make a great new option for Migrator. Maybe you wish to add this as a feature request to Feature Suggestions: Top (2198 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk ?
I saw that this is already a feature request on Uservoice. And it has got some votes. Please vote for it if you believe that it is an important feature:

Last edited:
That would be great, in a perfect world. In all honestly, though, I would just email the clients that I have set schedule for migration the period of time of when you're planning on doing the migration and ask for them to not make any major changes during the period of migration so you do only one sweep instead of multiple.

In either case, feel free to throw your suggestion asking if it could be added as a feature in the migration to Feature Suggestions: Top (2198 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk

uhhh, not using --delete is really not that great

fortunately we were never affected by this, because we use custom scripts to re-sync the delta of web, email and databases.
The Plesk Migrator is way to slow for servers with lots of sites and data. (we only use it for the initial sync and creating all the "business objects")

Back