• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from plesk 12.5 centos 6.7 to Plesk 12.5 centos 7.2 fails

Oto Tortorella

Basic Pleskian
Hello there,

i'm migrating from plesk 12.5 centos 6.7 to Plesk 12.5 centos 7.2 using Plesk Migrator and I get the following errot at the very beginning of the proces. The process stops and nothing is migrated.
The plan is present on the source server

+|2016-02-13_12:43:16,940|E|MT|parallels|||Failed to create hosting plans
=|2016-02-13_12:43:16,940|E|MT|parallels|||Cause: The reseller RESELLERNAME at the destination server does not have the plan PIANO PREMIUM - illimitato (uso interno). The reseller RESELLERNAME does not have this plan at the source servers as well. Unable to create the plan PIANO PREMIUM - illimitato (uso interno). Please create its manually.
=|2016-02-13_12:43:16,940|E|MT|parallels|||That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Any advice?

It seems like some database inconsistency and as result - incorrectly generated migration list /opt/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/201602xxxxxxxxx/migration-list...
Try to fix this inconsistency with

# plesk repair db

and contact Plesk Support Team if not help.

Plesk repair db has not found any error.
I have a question: must the session-dir directory allow programs executions?

I've it mounted on a separate partition with "rw,nosuid,noexec,nodev".
Should it allow execution?

For instance, on my test Plesk server I see following permissions for sessions directory:

# stat /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions
File: `/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions'
Size: 4096 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 directory
Device: 3c90b621h/1016116769d Inode: 2497964 Links: 2
Access: (0755/drwxr-xr-x) Uid: ( 498/ psaadm) Gid: ( 0/ root)

Sorry, I've not been clear.

I mean the temporary directory as stated in the config.ini of the current session:
session-dir = "/tmp/panel_migrator"
My /tmp directory is on a partition with "rw,nosuid,noexec,nodev".
Should it allow for program and script execution instead?

My /tmp directory is on a partition with "rw,nosuid,noexec,nodev".
Should it allow for program and script execution instead?
As far as I know some packages require executable permissions in the /tmp directory during installation. Also Mysql server requires executable permissions in the /tmp directory.

Keep nosuid and noexec for the /tmp directory is matter of basic hardening and security.
Could you please more specific on the matter?
I do know that during installation Plesk need to execute programs into /tmp, is this true during updates and during the installation of the Migration module too?
Does the Migration module need execution rights in /tmp when run?

Lastly, should I open a support ticket to have this answers?
Thank you Igor for your continuous support, maybe you do not remind but we have already spoken many times in the past in the H-sphere forum.

Oto Tortorella

Hello! Plesk Migrator will place dump agent (perl application) on your source into /tmp/panel_migrator (by default). Execution of dump agent will be initiated via shell command like:

cd /tmp/migration_agent/mktemp_generated_directory_name; perl PleskX.pl --option=value > dump.log 2>&1

So if perl will be able to read scripts located in your partition and write logs into it, all should be fine. In other words, Plesk Migrator does not place executable scripts into /tmp/migration_agent.

Back