• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration From Plesk 7.5.4 on BSD

A

afastqtech

We've migrated all but 3 sites out of 370 on one of our servers. We're migrating to Plesk 8.2 on CentOS 5 from Plesk 7.5.4 on BSD. Whenever we tried to get one client with these same sites migrated we get the following error:

Failed validation of the document with external DTD /usr/local/psa/PMM/plesk.dtd. The errors are: Element webapp does not carry attribute cid.

Yes we're going from php4 to php5 and we looked into all the apps used on the site and none seem to require any special consideration (standard html and cgi)

Can anyone give us an idea where to go from here?

I ran into this on one of my migrations (7.5.4 to 8.3), what this means is that the migrater is running into something its not designed to handle. In my case, it was a dns TXT record. You need to go through the backup file (I used pleskbackup/pleskrestore to get around it) and search for webapp and cid. Remove the reference in the backup file.

The restore should complete successfully after that.

Back