• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration Giving Error, Saying IP address is not valid when it is

J.Wick

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.46 Update #1
Running dual servers with Plesk Version 18.0.46 Update #1 both on Linux.

I'm trying to run a migration and get the error:

' xxx.xx.xx.x' does not appear to be a valid IP address. This is the main public IP of the server and is pingable from the new server. Is this a bug?:eek:

If I try the Private IP, the "Preparing migration" starts up and fails with the error.

Failed to connect to target Plesk server by Plesk API: Plesk error [1006]: Access to API is disabled for xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

I've added public and private IPs of each server to the IP restriction allow lists of each server.

Ports open are 80,110,143,443,8443,8447 plus a non-standard SSH port.

I've enabled root login with SSH and restarted services, and verified connection via SSH using the key method.

I'm totally at a loss why something simple isn't working at all. Where are the API settings? I've added the API enabled and IP address permissions in the panel.ini of the source server and rebooted. I get nothing.

I ran Plesk repair all and then visited the Rest API sandbox, deleted all the API keys and made a new one for the new IP, removed all the IP restrictions on each server, and finally, it's connecting. This was NOT a smooth experience; migration needs to be refined and made child easy. Blew away 2 hours on this. :(

I'm still not sure what exactly fixed it definitively.

Back