• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration manager error

horosho

New Pleskian
Trying to run Migration Manager to move some domains from an older 9.5 system to a new 11.5 system with only a single domain installed.
Target: 11.5 on Windows Server 2008r2
Source: 9.5 on Windows Server 2003
It connects and lists the
I get an error in the pre-check:
Warning: The minimum acceptable download speed is 1.25 MBps. The download speed between the source and destination servers is 0 MBps. This might be caused by the network connection issues. Transfer is not possible. Please check your network connection between the source and destination servers and resolve issues.
And then it errors out. From the log:
Error:
Unable to download dump files to local store.
Error:
The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help
So....it seems like it cannot connect but I'm confused since traffic passes fine between the servers, migration manager gets the customers and domains, firewall is off on both sides, both servers are on the same subnet. Any thoughts? I'm not even sure what to try next, except backing up domains on the old server and restoring them on the new server but I'd rather avoid that if possible. Thanks for any help!

Please try to use "Samba" instead of default "HTTPS" transport protocol.
To do that please edit files PleskMigrationAgent\WINAgentMng.exe.config on the source server and %plesk_dir%\PMM\Migration\migrmng.exe.config on the destination server, set "Transport" value to "Samba" on both servers:

<add key="Transport" value="Samba" />

Then restart Plesk Migration Agent on the source server.

Okay, disabled both firewalls, no change, fails with same errors, "Unable to download dump files to local store." and "The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help".
So.... I followed IgorG's advice above and changed both config files to Samba transport protocol. After that the 11.5 server mm cannot connect to the 9.5 which is strange. When I open the config file on the 9.5 server transport protocol is HTTPS again. Very strange. I change it to Samba, close the file, re-open it to make sure that I have actually made the change and it is correct. I restart the Migration Agent and it is changed back to HTTPS again. Any advice on how to keep the Migration Agent from changing this setting? Note that the Advanced button on the Migration agent is disabled for whatever reason.
Thanks!

Back