• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration manager really slow

S

Stucco

I have a 7.1.6 server migrating to a 7.5.3 server. The 7.5.3 was not the initial install, it was upgraded from 7.5.1.

When I run migration manager to bring over my stuff it goes about 2k per second, and gets slower like the connection has been lost and the average is just getting less slowly. I'll come back hours later and see it at .002k/sec and no more data transfered.

I can get on my new server and pull a file from my old server with wget and get 600kB/sec consistently. What gives?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled migration manager with no change in behavior.

I also sometimes have a migration.status error message that says transfer is not valid. I don't see it anymore cause it gets rid of it overnight, but anyone else dealt with that?

Slow Migrations

I am noticing the same thing with 7.5.3 migration manager. I have had to removed the status file a few time when it hangs, as well as large migrations or even a single large domain migration is like your saying less the 2k. I am currently trying to migrate a 2G domain that migration manager has tared to 1.66G. And it is only moving at 1.7K/s.

I have a dedicated 10Mbit pipe, I can pull in files are over 2Mbit a second, or faster between internal servers, and these servers are one on top of the other in my rack.

Something is not right.

You'd be better off upgrading the 7.1 server to 7.5.3 then trying again, or doing this then using psadump/psarestore to perform a manual migration.

I just ended up migrating it manually. It was only one domain for me, so it wasn't worth the potential problems of upgrading to 7.5.3 to migrate just that.

Never found a solution.

Back