• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration of one subscription from 12.5 dies silently

ufreier

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.49 Update #2
Plesk version and microupdate number
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
HI Community,

Migration of one subscription dies without any entry in the migration results, there is no error displayed anywhere. Other subscriptions from the same source server are migrated successfully before and after trials to migrate the affected subscription.

After selecting the subscription migrator does its pre-checks successfully and starts migration after. It displays "check connections" in the migration status and that's all. Migration queue is reset to 0 and there is no entry concerning this subscription in the migration results. First I got the "Unable to migrate a subscription: Failed to perform action: Restart IIS for IDN domain" issue here and this error was at least mentioned in the 'migration results Overall ' but after applying the fix of 'https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...to-perform-action-Restart-IIS-for-IDN-domains' this error has gone and there is no entry anymore anywhere.

Does anyone has an idea where I can search for possible reasons for this behavior (are there maybe any logs)?

Thanks, Uwe

I think we're missing some context. We migrating from 12.5 on a Windows server to 18 on Ubuntu 22? If you are migrating from Windows to Linux, what version of Windows? Have you tried using Site Importer as a work around? Importing Websites

Sorry for missing information. Migration from 12.5 on a Ubuntu 14.04 to Obsidian/Ubuntu 22. I also was wondering about an error concerning IIS on Linux but the article from Plesk Support I linked above concerns to 'Plesk for Linux' so I think they know what they are writing.

hmm... that is weird indeed. That article is in reference to 'log_context' not defined. Not sure if that's the exact same that you gotten or not since what you've provided is just the standard one. My suggestion is if you haven't tried already try using the Site Import and see if you're able to bring it over that way.

Many thanks. Although there must be a reason of Plesk's behavior and I guess this is logged anywhere Site Import worked in this case for me. Of course if the main focus was migrating mail accounts and mails it won't. But those domains I fortunately could migrate via migrator.

Oops - I guess I mixed something up. I thought we are talking about the option "Website Import" within the dashboard of domain management. I didn't know that there is an extension Site Import aside from Migrator.

Back