• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration stuck at 0%

B

Ballyhoo

Migration stuck

Hi All,

I have been gradually migrating sites from an old Plesk 7.5.4 machine to a new server running Plesk 9.5.2 (both Linux machines) for some time now but suddenly this week it's stopped working. I enter the details of the old server, it connects and lists the clients and domains that I can transfer, I select just one (any one) click through to start the transfer and the migration never gets past 0%. There are no log files being produced in /usr/local/PMM/logs I assume because the migration hasn't even got that far!

Can anyone help? Or even suggest an alternative way to transfer the sites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add some more detail to this, I've now discovered that the old machine seems to be running out of disk space on the /dev/hda1 partition when the migration is initiated from the new server. I assume it is running out of space when creating the migration files (these are very small sites I'm trying to migrate by the way). Is there any way I can change the directory that Plesk is using to store these files before migration?

migration disk space

When running migration from 9.3, the target machine always creates the files in /migration, even
if in the interface you specify a different destination. So you might have a look there.

I've found that the fixes in 9.3 migration manager are worth the trouble of upgrading.

Back