• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Missing umlauts in emails with php as fastcgi

Discogalaxy

New Pleskian
Hi there.
Switched from php as apache-module to fastcgi and now umlauts are missing in emailbody. in subject they are shown, but not in body. seems not a charset problem, bc they are not show wrong coded, just nothing :(

maybe someone can help with digging into this?

Make sure with help of phpinfo() that your php has default_charset = "UTF-8" to make your php files work by default with that charset.

Maybe it is webmail related problem? Have you asked webmail community about this issue?

Found the error.
It was a "wrapper-script" between php and sendmail to help me detect spamming scripts.

Can you provide me a command that reconfigures the local php.ini under /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.tld/etc/php.ini

When i change php version and change back it seems that the php.ini for that domain is new written from original php.ini. is there a way to get it done for all >100 domains on that server?

You can try to use

# /usr/local/psa/bin/php_settings --help

Usage: php_settings command [options]
Available commands:
--update-all or -u Update per-domain PHP settings of all domains in accordance with the server-wide php.ini file.

Back