• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Modify Webmail Subdomain On A Per Domain Basis?

G

greenisp

I am trying to setup a third email client option for our users. The client in question is Roundcube and I've confirmed it is all working correctly.

As I understand it I need to setup a Virtual Host config for each domain in question where I want to redirect the subdomain webmail to the new client, instead of horde.

For example, using the xyz.com domain in the example for privacy reasons I have placed the following configuration in this file: /path/to/vhosts/xyz.com/subdomains/webmail/conf/vhost.conf

<VirtualHost ipaddress:80>
ServerName webmail.xyz.com:80
ServerAlias webmail.xyz.com
UseCanonicalName Off
SuexecUserGroup xyzuser xyzgroup
ServerAdmin [email protected]
DocumentRoot /path/to/vhosts/xyz.com/httpdocs/roundcubemail
</VirtualHost>

I’m having mixed results with this configuration. On my IE7 machine at work it asks me what I want to do with the ‘file’ – open, save or cancel. Yet at home I get sent to the standard Horde webmail login page.

I have also used the same configuration in a file called /path/to/vhosts/xyz.com/conf/vhost.conf which had the same results.

I do not simply want to replace horde, in case they ever decide they no longer want Roundcube, in which case I can simply remove the vhost config.

Can you please advise what I am doing wrong, as I understand this should be working and it has me stumped.

Thanks in advance.

Back