• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question ModSecurity Comodo no rule update for weeks?

straddi

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46 Update #1
Hi,
I use Comodo (free)
updated daily
A rule or rule set for ModSecurity has been installed, notification turned on.

I haven't received a notification that a new ruleset has been installed for weeks now. Is that the case with you too or do I have a problem?
How can I check when the last rule set was installed on my system?
Is there a cli command or a way in Plesk to start installing rulesets manually.
Thanks
Straddi

In the same situation.

I have Immunify360 and I get a notification that my ModSecurity (WAF) ruleset is out of date. I currently have version 4.93 and it is prompting me to upgrade to version 5.0.

Data:

- I have the daily ruleset update setting enabled.
- I have already tried the command via SSH of " # plesk daily UpdateModSecurityRuleSet" and no result appears.
- I have even tried reinstalling ModSecurity.

Note:

- For those who want to check their ruleset version (On Linux), the command is as follows:

#cat /etc/apache2/modsecurity.d/rules/custom/VERSION

Can I force an update after a reported failed attempt due to mis-configuration of the service?

And if so, how could this be achieved / done?

Can I force an update after a reported failed attempt due to mis-configuration of the service?

And if so, how could this be achieved / done?

I contacted Imunify support and they gave me the following steps, which solved the problem and the updates were continuous again.

1. update the agent to the latest version as described here: Update Guide
2. After that, please use the install-vendors command (if done before, do it again):
Code:
# imunify360-agent install-vendors
OK

The output should be like the below:

Code:
# plesk bin server_pref --show-web-app-firewall | grep "\[waf-rule-set\]" -A2
[waf-rule-set]
custom

I was looking to force an update of the rule set, which on my case, is not managed by imunify360.

Back