• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved ModSecurity: Is it now possible to switch from Comodo ruleset to Atomic on Ubuntu 18 server?

King555

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS x64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46 web admin edition
I use ModSecurity with the free Comodo ruleset. This ruleset has not been updated for almost 2 years now and made trouble a lot of times in the past. So I want to switch to the Atomic Standard ruleset, which seems to be the recommendation by Plesk.

In the past it was not possible to activate this ruleset on Ubuntu 18. Since Plesk 18.0.21 (from March 2019) it should be, but when I tried in December 2019, it still did not work and I had big problems reverting to Comodo. Unfortunately I do not know anymore, what problems I exactly had.

Now my question is, can I now, in version 18.0.46, switch to Atomic without problems in Ubuntu 18? Can I just click on "Atomic Standard" and then on Save/OK? I'm really afraid to do so.

Back