• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved ModSecurity: unable to download tortix rule set

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
I've this error message on my Plesk installation about Firewall (ModSecurity to Atomic Basic):
modsecurity_ctl failed: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
Unable to download tortix rule set

Ok, thanks!
This morning the error message was disappeared without my intervention.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
i`m sorry for posting in this old thread. But i have exactly the same problem as MicheleB had in the past:
"Failed to install the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden Unable to download tortix rule set"

I can activate the "OWASP ModSecurity" rule set without any error message. What can i do to activate the "Atomic Basic ModSecurity" rule set?

I hoped that the error message would disappear by itself (so i waited 2 days befor posting here). Unfortunately this didn't happend.. error message as shown above comes every time i try to activate "Atomic Basic ModSecurity".

As prprtl mentioned the issue is regarding the free Atomic Basic ModSecurity ruleset. The article posted in this thread doesn`t help.

Thank you all in advanced for any kind of help!

At the moment bugreport PPPM-6302 is under developer's investigation.

Back