• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Module php-imagick installing under plesk

stefan-franz

Basic Pleskian
In the nextcloud overview a have this warning:
Module php-imagick in this instance has no SVG support. For better compatibility it is recommended to install it.

How do i correctly install this unter ubuntu 18.04, Plesk Obsidion 18.0.40?

Hello!
We have a customer who needs SVG-support in PHP-imagick, too.
Can you or someone else tell me how to install it under Plesk Obisidian?

Thank you! :)
Goodfred

P.S.: If I found a solution myself I will post it here! :)

I found this command

apt install libmagickcore-6.q16-6-extra

but I am not sure if this is the correct/full solution.
Can someone tell me if it is enough to run the command on the server?

Thank you!
Goodfred

Hello!
We have a customer who needs SVG-support in PHP-imagick, too.
Can you or someone else tell me how to install it under Plesk Obisidian?

Goodfred

P.S.: If I found a solution myself I will post it here! :)
I have a default Plesk installation where PHP 8.1.4 is used as the PHP handler for the site. And I see phpinfo() for this domain with Imagick with SVG support:Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 15.30.48.png

I have a new fresh Plesk installation, too, but without PHP version 8.1.4. (its not activated at the moment)
imagick is there - but without SVG (on PHP-info)

Can I run the command I posted in my post before to enable SVG for PHP version 7.4.28FPM? (and 7.4.28 FastCGI?) (and 8.0.17 FPM?)
I hope I can install it for the three PHP versions with the single command?
Do you know if this works?

Goodfred

Can I run the command I posted in my post before to enable SVG for PHP version 7.4.28FPM? (and 7.4.28 FastCGI?) (and 8.0.17 FPM?)
I hope I can install it for the three PHP versions with the single command?
Do you know if this works?
Actually, I don't know why do you think that this package will help you with SVG support. According to the description of this package, there are no mentions of SVG...

It seems like it is not activated by default because I can't see SVG under imagick on PHP 8.0.17
Do you have any idea how to activate it?
(it is a fresh new server - but as I said - its not activated by default on my server)

I have a test server on CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 (Core) with Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.42 Update #1 and I see SVG support for Imagick in the phpinfo() for the test domain with the mentioned PHP handlers.

Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS - Plesk Obsidian - Version 18.0.42 Update #1 - and I don't see it
Indeed, checked on Ubuntu and there is no SVG support. Looks like Imagick for Ubuntu is compiled without SVG support.
Try to run

# apt-get install libmagickcore-6.q16-6-extra

and then check phphinfo() again.

Indeed, checked on Ubuntu and there is no SVG support. Looks like Imagick for Ubuntu is compiled without SVG support.
Try to run

That was my question! :D Thank you!
SVG support is active now! I ran the command, checked phpinfo() and there is SVG under imagick.

Try to run

Thank you !
Worked for me too

Back