• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Monitoring: An unexpected error occurred

JuanCar

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.55
In panel.log I see:

[2023-10-01 11:13:24.530] 28063:65193834816af ERR [extension/monitoring] /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/monitoring/library/Http/HttpClient.php(122): Unable to Connect to ssl://api.monitoring360.io:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo for api.monitoring360.io failed: Name or service not known

Any idea?

When you query dig api.monitoring360.io do you get a proper name resolution and server response?

Hello, When I do dig api.monitoring360.io from my server I get

; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-P2-RedHat-9.11.4-26.P2.el7_9.14 <<>> api.monitoring360.io
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 56691
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;api.monitoring360.io. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
api.monitoring360.io. 300 IN A 49.12.21.69

;; Query time: 8 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: dom oct 01 20:02:18 CEST 2023
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 65

So, I can not understand why monitor doesn't work.
I prefer a fic, instead of uninstall and reinstall again.

Maybe some ports are closed in the firewall on the server or in a firewall in front of the server at your data center?

I didn't close any port in my firewall recently. But, which ports must be opened for monitor?
Thanks

Now, I see that the problem is not just monitoring but mail from web, notifications from Plesk, captchka ... So I thinks it could be Firewall (I didn't add any custom rule in any port) or...SeLinux is disabled (sestatus: disabled)

I think that there are others issues related with this problem: sslit!, monitoring, extensions catalogue. But my server technicians can not find the problem.
The panel.log entrie
[2023-10-02 21:52:04.004] 18800:651b1f6339b09 ERR [panel] Could not get Mozilla tls config: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: statics.tls.security.mozilla.org; Name or service not known (see libcurl - Error Codes)

Tells that curl cannot resolve host, but in command line
curl statics.tls.security.mozilla.org
does not return error, just a 403 webpage ... but the host is reached. (of course the curl call is not right but it's enough to check if host name is resolved) isn't t?

Hi Peter,
i have the same problem, if you remember, i create some mistake on DNS configuration of my domain... i try to edit Dns for problem with email SMTP... and now nothing works, i delete and recreate domain on plesk, clear DNS of domain and try to recreate all but now i can't create ssl certificates

Back