• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Monitoring extension on VPS servers

pba

New Pleskian
I wanted to monitor server parameters and installed Monitoring extension.
However, this extension is not working, should I configure something else or the extension is not working on VPS servers?

I have a vps server based on Virtuozzo 7

I am getting this error:

origin not allowed​

Object
statusText:"Forbidden"
data:Object
error:"Forbidden"
response:"origin not allowed "
config:Object
url:"api/datasources/proxy/1/query"
data:Object
method:"POST"
withCredentials:false
headers:Object
retry:0
hideFromInspector:false

Attachments

• monitoring.PNG
    monitoring.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
Does this help?

@maartenv
Thanks,
maybe it's a stupid question, but somehow I have to etc /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/grafana_plesk.inc
is there any easy way to edit configuration files?

So I did edit the file :)
However, this line is already in the file, it was not necessary to add it

Attachments

• conf.PNG
    conf.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 7
So I did edit the file :)
However, this line is already in the file, it was not necessary to add it

Just to be sure: are you using Nginx as a frontend to Apache on this VPS? Otherwise it won't work.

Most config files can only be edited on the command line.

as I wrote, I managed to edit the file.
I'm a beginner and don't even know how to find out if I use nginx, it seems I don't

should i enable nginx?

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 2
If you want to use the Monitoring service, you'll need Nginx.

Nginx acts as the first entry when someone opens a website from your server. Most requests are handled by Nginx, others are passed through the Apache webserver. This will speed up your websites by a great deal as Apache is known to be a bit slow in handling requests.

If you're hosting pretty common websites, it's save to enable Nginx. After you've enabled it, go to <subscription> -> PHP Settings. From there you can choose the right PHP Handler: "FPM application served by Apache" is the best option to get started with.

i.e.
Screenshot 2022-04-01 at 14.32.11.png

Reactions: pba
If you want to use the Monitoring service, you'll need Nginx.

Nginx acts as the first entry when someone opens a website from your server. Most requests are handled by Nginx, others are passed through the Apache webserver. This will speed up your websites by a great deal as Apache is known to be a bit slow in handling requests.

If you're hosting pretty common websites, it's save to enable Nginx. After you've enabled it, go to <subscription> -> PHP Settings. From there you can choose the right PHP Handler: "FPM application served by Apache" is the best option to get started with.

i.e.
View attachment 20522
I installed nqinx, and I had to turn on "Reverse Proxy Server (nginx)".
Only now has the monitoring started to work. Thanks for the tips!

Back