• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue more than 20 process (event_handler interface_async_executor) with high load

sebgonzes

Silver Pleskian
This morning, I have several server with a lot of process as this ans high load for this... I have kill these proceses, but what this???

394242 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/event_handler -i -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/git/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/heavy-metal-skin/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/magicspam/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/registry/EventListener/failedLogin.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/registry/EventListener/notifications.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/registry/EventListener/wpConfigPermissions.php handleEvent -#-#-

Hi sebgonzes,

sorry... bad idea!

The "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/event_handler" is the Plesk Event Handler, which is responsible to performe tasks on your server. Pls. inform yourself at for example:

Ok, you are probably right, but it's not acceptable to have 20 process as this in an server and have the cpu high load for this in an production server... it's the first time I seen this, not know if it's an problem about the last MU or other things...

Hi sebgonzes,

Ok, you are probably right
Well, sorry to write that, but I'm not only "probably right", I'm absolutely right here, when I write: Bad idea.

Let me ask you, pls. what happens, when you interrupt a current event, which you can list with the command: plesk bin event_handler --list-events
For example, you interrupt: Administrator's preferences updated
This might lead to incorrect, incomplete, unfinished settings of your just modified/added/deleted Administrator's account preferences and could lead to database inconsistencies, which again could lead to a broken psa - database, which might lead to a non - functional Plesk. I personally think that this is far worse, than some possible tiny delays of a http - request, or an eMail staying in the mail-queue for a few seconds. :rolleyes:

Hi sebgonzes,

Well, sorry to write that, but I'm not only "probably right", I'm absolutely right here, when I write: Bad idea.

Let me ask you, pls. what happens, when you interrupt a current event, which you can list with the command: plesk bin event_handler --list-events
For example, you interrupt: Administrator's preferences updated
This might lead to incorrect, incomplete, unfinished settings of your just modified/added/deleted Administrator's account preferences and could lead to database inconsistencies, which again could lead to a broken psa - database, which might lead to a non - functional Plesk. I personally think that this is far worse, than some possible tiny delays of a http - request, or an eMail staying in the mail-queue for a few seconds. :rolleyes:

Well, I have do it because we are not talking about second.... but minutes, and service clients down for this.
Please, I appreciate your opinion, but what I need about you, if you are able to do it, it's not to tellme what I have to do or not have to do, but yes tellme what this process really do, and what launch it..
It's not seem normal have more than 20 processes similar as this in an same server.

Hi sebgonzes,

hm... I thought that I already answered the question:
but yes tellme what this process really do, and what launch it..

Could you pls. see for example the output of the command: plesk bin event_handler --list-events
... and have again a CLOSER look at the mentioned Plesk documentation? It would be kind of odd, when I just choose other words, than what is actually written in the documents, which is adequately and extensively explained ( => my personal opinion! ).
When you are unsure about a sentence in the Plesk documents, pls. don't hesitate to QUOTE the part in question, so that I'm sure, that I understand, which part of the documentation should be explained with more details.

In addition, you might be informed, that you have the choice to ( temporarily! ) use the DEBUG - log - option for your Plesk - logs ( => https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213403509#plesk ), if you can't investigate possible issues/errors/problems with the current setting. Pls. see:

To investigate a "High server load on your server", or "Why did I experience 20 running event handlers at the very same time on my server?", people willing to help you could only guess at the moment, because you didn't provide any decent information for investigations ( no log - files, no configuration files, no informations about your server environment, no Plesk version, no description what you actually did BEFORE you noticed the processes, no informations about the command - usage "top" ... :(

Hi sebgonzes,

hm... I thought that I already answered the question:

Could you pls. see for example the output of the command: plesk bin event_handler --list-events
... and have again a CLOSER look at the mentioned Plesk documentation? It would be kind of odd, when I just choose other words, than what is actually written in the documents, which is adequately and extensively explained ( => my personal opinion! ).
When you are unsure about a sentence in the Plesk documents, pls. don't hesitate to QUOTE the part in question, so that I'm sure, that I understand, which part of the documentation should be explained with more details.

In addition, you might be informed, that you have the choice to ( temporarily! ) use the DEBUG - log - option for your Plesk - logs ( => https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213403509#plesk ), if you can't investigate possible issues/errors/problems with the current setting. Pls. see:

To investigate a "High server load on your server", or "Why did I experience 20 running event handlers at the very same time on my server?", people willing to help you could only guess at the moment, because you didn't provide any decent information for investigations ( no log - files, no configuration files, no informations about your server environment, no Plesk version, no description what you actually did BEFORE you noticed the processes, no informations about the command - usage "top" ... :(

Well, I am in the "onyx" forum. so obviously our panel version is plesk onyx, with lastest MU (18)
Your answer really don't help us... you sendme to documentation, and the problem is really not this...

Please only tellme what do this process :

394242 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/event_handler -i -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/git/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/heavy-metal-skin/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/magicspam/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/library/EventListener.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/registry/EventListener/failedLogin.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/registry/EventListener/notifications.php handleEvent -#-#- -u psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -- -f /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/interface_async_executor.php -- EventListener /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/registry/EventListener/wpConfigPermissions.php handleEvent -#-#-

it's the only things I need to try to understand what happen...

Hi sebgonzes,

wow, I'm quite suprised about your words...:( but anyway ...

Your quoted process with the pid-ID "394242" shows, that at the time you listed the process, it had several events to trigger, which actually does look like a "huge" commando for you, but isn't. Here it is just a usual check for updates ( MagicSpam, Wordpress Toolkit, Let's Encrypt, Plesk Layout, Git libraries/deploments... ), failed logins, ... with the included standart notification per eMail about the whole process, in case it found something, that you marked as "Please, notify me, when, ...". Such a process looks like an hourly/daily cronjob an is normally done within seconds and with no high load. ;)

But again, more informations and investigations can only be done with YOUR help, by providing MORE informations as requested. :)

Back