• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

move license to new server

H

host17

We're in the process of upgrading our servers and would like to move Sitebuilder to an upgraded system so the current server can be re-imaged. The domain name on the new server will be different. Can you please tell us how to do this?

If I understand you correctly you need migrate Sitebuilder to new updated server? If so, migration should be done manually, as there are no migration tools in Sitebuilder. It can be done manually by moving Sitebuilder database and sites into new server, but could also be done with backup/restore utils:

/SB_ROOT/utils/sbbackup
/SB_ROOT/utils/sbrestore

Please note, backup tools included into Sitebuilder only after 4.0.0 release.

I can suggest you to wait for new 4.1 release, update both servers to this new version and after that perform migration with special backup utils, as there were several issues in these utils, but in new version all these issues are corrected.

What about license. Will that update automatically once I shut the old server off? Or, do I need to do something to transfer it?

I think in this case better ask your sales to re-send your license again and install it on new server. After that old server should be shut down to avoid duplicate license installation.

Back