• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving all data from a Plesk 8.2.0 server to a new 10.1.1 server

S

SFMAdmin

Hi there,

I need a little pointing in the right direction.

I have a system with Plesk 8.2.0 installed with around 211 sites with email and databases running on it.

Because of the age of the hardware and such, we have decided to install Plesk 10.1.1 as a fresh install on the new box and then try and migrate the sites from the 8.2.0 box.

However, that's where I'm stumped. I don't really know what I'm looking for in the documentation to achieve this.
Does anybody know if this is even possible?

Regards,
Chris

OK, I followed the KB article and the migration works as expected.
However, the migrations exit with an error. The error doesn't appear to affect the migrated site, although I don't know how to check this other than to diff the vhost directories and mail dirs.

The error is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success">
<object name="changemypages.co.uk" type="domain">
<message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error">
<context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context>
<file>ExecCmd.cpp</file>
<line>49</line>
<text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain_pref.php --update changemypages.co.uk -manage_webapps true -manage_subdomains true -manage_php_safe_mode true -cp_access true -manage_phosting true -allow_local_backups true -manage_anonftp true -create_domains true -manage_domain_aliases true -allow_ftp_backups true -manage_maillists true -manage_sh_access true -remote_access_interface true -manage_virusfilter true -manage_webstat true -manage_log true -manage_dns true -manage_spamfilter true -manage_crontab true -manage_not_chroot_shell true -manage_quota true failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Can't update domain: Unrecognized option: '-cp_access'

</text>
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>
I've done a few searches but can't find anything to do with this.

Try to use following workaround:

SELECT val FROM dom_param WHERE dom_id = <dom_id> AND param = 'perm_id';
DELETE FROM Permissions WHERE id = <perm_id> AND permission = 'cp_access';

where <dom_id> is ID of changemypages.co.uk domain.
on source server before migration.

OK, I will try that, incidentally I also tried a full migration from a Plesk 8.2 box to the new Plesk 10 box.

I really don't understand what the error is, could you shed some light on it?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<message code="InternalDtdValidationFailed" severity="error">
<context>void plesk::validateSchema(plesk::tXmlDocument&amp;, const std::string&amp;)</context>
<file>./xml_parse.cpp</file>
<line>412</line>
<text>Failed validation of the document with its internal DTD. The errors are: Element 'permission', attribute 'name': [facet 'enumeration'] The value 'dashboard' is not an element of the set {'create_domains', 'manage_phosting', 'manage_php_safe_mode', 'manage_dns', 'manage_log', 'manage_crontab', 'manage_anonftp', 'manage_subftp', 'manage_webapps', 'manage_maillists', 'manage_sh_access', 'manage_subdomains', 'manage_domain_aliases', 'manage_quota', 'manage_virusfilter', 'allow_local_backups', 'allow_ftp_backups', 'make_dumps', 'select_db_server', 'manage_not_chroot_shell', 'cp_access', 'remote_access_interface', 'manage_domain_aliases', 'manage_ftp_password', 'site_builder', 'manage_iis_app_pool', 'manage_spamfilter', 'manage_webstat', 'manage_additional_permissions', 'manage_shared_ssl', 'manage_performance', 'create_clients', 'allow_oversell', 'multiple-sessions', 'access_appcatalog', 'allow_insecure_sites'}.Element 'permission', attribute 'name': 'dashboard' is not a valid value of the local atomic type.Element 'permission', attribute 'name': [facet 'enumeration'] The value 'manage_dashboard' is not an element of the set {'create_domains', 'manage_phosting', 'manage_php_safe_mode', 'manage_dns', 'manage_log', 'manage_crontab', 'manage_anonftp', 'manage_subftp', 'manage_webapps', 'manage_maillists', 'manage_sh_access', 'manage_subdomains', 'manage_domain_aliases', 'manage_quota', 'manage_virusfilter', 'allow_local_backups', 'allow_ftp_backups', 'make_dumps', 'select_db_server', 'manage_not_chroot_shell', 'cp_access', 'remote_access_interface', 'manage_domain_aliases', 'manage_ftp_password', 'site_builder', 'manage_iis_app_pool', 'manage_spamfilter', 'manage_webstat', 'manage_additional_permissions', 'manage_shared_ssl', 'manage_performance', 'create_clients', 'allow_oversell', 'multiple-sessions', 'access_appcatalog', 'allow_insecure_sites'}.Element 'permission', attribute 'name': 'manage_dashboard' is not a valid value of the local atomic type.Element 'permission', attribute 'name': [facet 'enumeration'] The value 'change_limits' is not an element of the set {'create_domains', 'manage_phosting', 'manage_php_safe_mode', 'manage_dns', 'manage_log', 'manage_crontab', 'manage_anonftp', 'manage_subftp', 'manage_webapps', 'manage_maillists', 'manage_sh_access', 'manage_subdomains', 'manage_domain_aliases', 'manage_quota', 'manage_virusfilter', 'allow_local_backups', 'allow_ftp_backups', 'make_dumps', 'select_db_server', 'manage_not_chroot_shell', 'cp_access', 'remote_access_interface', 'manage_domain_aliases', 'manage_ftp_password', 'site_builder', 'manage_iis_app_pool', 'manage_spamfilter', 'manage_webstat', 'manage_additional_permissions', 'manage_shared_ssl', 'manage_performance', 'create_clients', 'allow_oversell', 'multiple-sessions', 'access_appcatalog', 'allow_insecure_sites'}.Element 'permission', attribute 'name': 'change_limits' is not a valid value of the local atomic type.Element 'permission', attribute 'name': [facet 'enumeration'] The value 'stdgui' is not an element of the set {'create_domains', 'manage_phosting', 'manage_php_safe_mode', 'manage_dns', 'manage_log', 'manage_crontab', 'manage_anonftp', 'manage_subftp', 'manage_webapps', 'manage_maillists', 'manage_sh_access', 'manage_subdomains', 'manage_domain_aliases', 'manage_quota', 'manage_virusfilter', 'allow_local_backups', 'allow_ftp_backups', 'make_dumps', 'select_db_server', 'manage_not_chroot_shell', 'cp_access', 'remote_access_interface', 'manage_domain_aliases', 'manage_ftp_password', 'site_builder', 'manage_iis_app_pool', 'manage_spamfilter', 'manage_webstat', 'manage_additional_permissions', 'manage_shared_ssl', 'manage_performance', 'create_clients', 'allow_oversell', 'multiple-sessions', 'access_appcatalog', 'allow_insecure_sites'}.Element 'permission', attribute 'name': 'stdgui' is not a valid value of the local atomic type..</text>
</message>
</execution-result>

Back