• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Moving old emails to slower disks?

swaan

New Pleskian
My customers want me to archive their emails - because it would be so convenient.
I'm thinking that NVMe storage is quite expensive to store old emails that only have a slight possibility that they are ever needed :)

Is there a possibility to run a cron to move old emails into /Archive subfolders that are mapped to other volumes?
Or is the only option to map the whole qmail content to cheaper disks?

Thanks!

I am updating this question because it is also relevant to me. Nowadays, when customers are accustomed to storing a lot of mails in their IMAP inboxes, it becomes expensive to store them on NVMe disks. Anyone have ideas or solutions for that?

What about just mounting /var/qmail directory to cheaper disk?

What about just mounting /var/qmail directory to cheaper disk?
This slows all emails, especially if there a lot of mails. The idea is to leave a month or two of emails and move the older ones to the archive which is in cheaper disk.

I experiment now with rsync, but still have to investigate

Some kind of custom script is required here, I suppose.
I don’t think that it is possible to solve this problem only by internal means of Plesk now.

Back