• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving SB 2.1.3 to a new server, to SB 4.0

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I'm moving to a new server.

My server is currently running RHEL 3. The new server will run RHEL 5.

I'll migrate all plesk configuration to the new server using Plesk's Migration.

I'm also planing to upgrade SB from version 2.1.3 to version 4.0

I have noticed that there are instrutions on how to upgrade the installed SB version, but is there a way to migrate the SB content without the upgrade process?

A simple restore of proper files and database (version 2.1.3) in the new server (with SB 4.0), followed by some upgrade command, will do the trick?

I have made some tests, and I couldn't managed to install SB 2.1.3 on RHEL5 (rpm issues), so I'm looking for an alterative method.

Thank you!

Alexandre

You have already found the thread http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40704 :)
That can be applied to SB 4.0.0 with minor changes.

* perform clean install of SB 3.0.2 (don't forget to drop sitebuilder3 database before if exists)
* copy from SB 2.x server the following:
* directory <sb-root>/htdocs/users into htdocs/users on new server
* directory <sb-root>/htdocs/repository/templates
* file <sb-root>/include/config.php
* make a dump of SB 2.x database and restore it on new server
* perform full backup of new server (this saves your time in the case of broken migration)
* echo -n "2.1.3" > <sb-root>/migrate
* run PHP CLI (for example /opt/php52/bin/php5) on migration script - /opt/php52/bin/php5 <sb-root>/utils/migration.php
* run sb_config --migrate_all
* remove <sb-root>/migrate if present

Migration error

Hello SibProgrammer,

I'm having problems with the migration procedure:

[root@rhel5 ~]# sb_config --migrate_all
[2007-08-20T01:04:43-03:00 - #5 - info] Site locale have id 1.
[2007-08-20T01:04:43-03:00 - #6 - info] Migration of flash intro module was started.
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 4096 in /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/Base/SyntaxException.php on line 49

Notice: Undefined offset: 4096 in /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/Base/SyntaxException.php on line 49
[2007-08-20T01:04:43-03:00 - #7 - error] Exception : PHP : Argument 1 passed to SB_Modules_Configuration::__construct() must be an instance of SB_Site, null given, called in /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Modules.php on line 48 and defined; file: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Modules/Configuration.php; line: 41; code: 4096

All the PHP files mentioned are Ioncube encoded, so I couldn't figure out what is wrong.

Can you help me with this problem?

Thank you!
Alexandre

Access to your server is needed to resolve such problems. So contact support and provide credentials. If this site isn't so important, you can run sb_config --migrate_all again.

It worked

Hello SibProgrammer,

I have repeated this procedure in a brand new server, and it worked!

Thank you a lot!

Alexandre

Custom Buttons

Hello,

And how about the Custom Buttons?

They were not updated during the migration process.

In the Plesk 8.2 for Linux/Unix Sitebuilder Administration Module Guide (http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/P...ilder-4-administration-module-guide/index.htm) I have found some instructions, but I couldn't find the "Click here to transfer all data from earlier version of the module" link:

"
If you previously used the Sitebuilder Administration Module version 2 with Plesk, do the following to transfer all user accounts and settings to the newly installed module:

1. Log in over SSH to the server where the upgraded Sitebuilder system is located and run the following command to transfer Web sites to the new Sitebuilder version: sb_config --migrate_all.
2. Log in to Plesk as administrator (user name "admin"), then go to Modules > Remote Administration of Sitebuilder.
3. Click the link Click here to transfer all data from earlier version of the module. All user accounts are transferred to the new module. Reseller accounts corresponding to Plesk client accounts are created in Sitebuilder.
4. After the data transfer is finished, click Close.
"

How to upgrade the Custom Buttons too?

Thank you.

Alexandre

Was SBM module upgraded itself on the server? Try to check it:

# rpm -qa psa-sbm3

Latest module which goes with Plesk 8.2 is psa-sbm3-4.0-46 - module for Sitebuilder v.4.

Yes, this module is installed:

[root@rhel5 ~]# rpm -qa psa-sbm3
psa-sbm3-4.0-46

It was installed by Plesk's autoinstaller.

Back