• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

moving to new server

C

chriz1

Hello ,

I acquired a new server and am trying the easy way to backup and restore my domains from server I to server II.

I get this message:
Unable to restore file: Error: domain_bu: Can't find public key in database:' domain_bu: Can't get public key to verify dump signature

How should I proceed?
Both servers are online, but I want to cancel the first one, once everything has been copied to the new one.

Thanks for your advice,
Chriz

solution

I found the solution on this forum.

Retrieving BU-certificate from old server and inserting it in psa-database of new server.
Did it and it works flawlessly.

Thanks,
Chriz

Well, a little problem after all.

The smaller domains restored without problem but one domain with several subdomains, databases and email accounts didn't restore.

ERROR MESSAGE
Backup file does not exist.

The backup file DOES exist, but is 7.75GB, quite big.
Could that be the problem?

I added the BU-certificate in 'misc' and 'certificates' tables.
in 'misc' I simply added the ID (6 in my case)
in 'certificates' I added the cert that I exported from my old server (still online by the way)

Anyone?

As a last resort I could
recreate all subdomains
recreate all databases
recreate all database-users
recreate all email accounts
FTP everything over to the new server

but I would like to do it using the plesk-backup for more than one reason :)

Anyone?

OH, I am using PLESK 7.5.4 for linux fc2

When you backup, you are supposed to "split" the volume into smaller pieces. I think the max filesize should never exceed 2gb ....use 1 or 1.5 to be safe.

new psa backup option multivolum

Hey, thanks, indeed, I just discovered that multivolume is available in the latest PLESK version.
The backup was made in v7.5.3, so I upgraded to plesk v7.5.4 and made a multivolume backup (pieces of 500MB)

I'l let you know if everything works out (but I am pretty sure it will)

Thank you :)

not yet there

Using multivolume backs up just fine, BUT when trying to restore on the new server I get this message:
not a valid backup file

pff, will keep trying, ;;;

Back