• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MS Publisher Email Form not functioning

C

Christopher Duarte

I am a firm supporter of Plesk on the Linux platform, but in order to expand my target market, I'm considering adding a Windows Server. I downloaded the Plesk for Windows 9.2.1 demo and installed it on a Server 2003 Web Edition VMware Virtual Machine with default settings for testing purposes.

I created a template website in Publisher 2003, added a Design Gallery Object, an email form, and added it to one page in the publisher site. When I right click on the submit button and go to form properties, I have the option to select, "Save data in a file", or "send data in an email."

When I select save data in a file, I have to uncheck frontpage support on the domain in the plesk panel, update, recheck support, update, and reboot the server in order to get the data to save properly, and I've gotten that to work.

When I select send data in an email, and I insert my email address in there, after I click on submit, I get a --WEBBOT-SELF-- error. I try to super-whoopie handshake as stated above, and it still doesn't work.

I tried to keep default settings on the plesk server. I have one domain with frontpage support checked, and iis application pool turned on (don't know if that has anything to do with it).

I prefer linux, and although I'm MS and IIS savy, this is the first windows server I've installed plesk on, so I'm somewhat of a noob, but if you shoot me technical jargon I'll understand you. I'm at a loss, and whether I solve tihs problem will dictate whether I put a windows server live, or just stick to what I know (linux). Any help would be appreciated.

Back