• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue msmtp only accepts one email sender address

Bong

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am using External SMTP server.
At first it's not working
So I did review Mail log browser and noticed that plesk is sending email using the following email address
When I've tried changing the email registered at the External SMTP server to [email protected]
Email started to work properly as shown here

host=smtp.mydomain.com tls=on auth=on user=[email protected] from=[email protected] recipients=[email protected] mailsize=14674 smtpstatus=250 smtpmsg='250 OK' exitcode=EX_OK

But all emails being sent by [email protected] all failed as shown here

host=smtp.mydomain.com tls=on auth=on user=[email protected] from=[email protected] recipients=root smtpstatus=550 smtpmsg='550 From address must match authenticated address' errormsg='envelope from address [email protected] not accepted by the server' exitcode=EX_DATAERR

How am I going to address this?
Under the Externam SMTP server, you can only enroll one email address

Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition
Version 18.0.41

MSMTP has no limitation on the number of email addresses. The error messages smtpmsg='550 From address must match authenticated address' errormsg='envelope from address [email protected] not accepted by the server' suggests a limitation raised by the (email) provider you're using.

If your email provider requires that the "From address must match authenticated address" when sending email messages then using msmtp might not be very useful.

Last edited:
Back