• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved MSMTP Relay only some adress

Aude

New Pleskian
First : Happy new year ;)

My problem is on fresh install, i don't want to have email and dns server, i delegate this to my provider.
So i desactivate dns server et install MSMTP (relay only)
i use [email protected] on relay smtp (OVH.com)

when i use this adress [email protected] via "normal client" , no problem

When i send email to test with setting / stats / report in plesk panel, green box with succefull sent message.

but i only receive mail when adress are account@gmail, [email protected]
if it's domain name (redirection) [email protected] i never receive mail ?

when i check mail /var/log/mail log all is success (smtp=250)

Do you have an idea ?

sorry formy bad english.

Thanks you.

Nobody ? i try to resolve this with support.. but not seem to be ok...

i need to use another "from" adress in mstmp with real adress mail.

maillog is ok

Jan 9 11:26:59 nomboutique msmtp: host=ssl0.ovh.net tls=on auth=on [email protected] from=psaadm@localhost [email protected] mailsize=4120 smtpstatus=250 smtpmsg='250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 38D9660008E' exitcode=EX_OK

support tell me to add mail.force_extra_parameters = "-f [email protected]" in php.ini but no effect

how can i change this from ?

As an alternative you can add the "-f [email protected]" as a fifth parameter in PHP's mail command that is sending the mail in question. However, I have doubts that this will solve the issue. A mail with an invalid sender domain should not be queued to begin with, so it's probably not the reason for the problem. Have you tested with realdomain.com or with different domains on different other servers, too?

Thanks for your reply.
i try "-f [email protected]" but not solve my problem

as you can see msmtp relay my mails with success to smtp relay, but it's not sending process directly concern, "just" informations of sending "from".
Because recipient server check (probably from spam) if sender exist and psaadm@localhost not exist

The site parameter cannot be changed??? If there is such a parameter in a configuration file, it will normally occupy the fifth parameter of the PHP mail() function, setting "-f ...@localhost" as sender. Have you tried to change your website configuration to reflect your real sender address?

after 8 hours of team viewer support,2 emails, ... :

modify /etc/msmtprc
auto_from off
from [email protected]

restart service

bad new is this file is auto-generate, so it can be overwrite.

Back