• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSSQL licensing

Tal

New Pleskian
Hello.
Do I need to install mssql on my server and license it to enable that feature or it's include in the plan?
Thanks in advance - Tal.

Thanks, but I'm not sure that's answer my question.
I'm asking about licensing, Do I need to purchase MSSQL and install it on my machine and then purchase the power pack addon so my users can create and manage DB's throw Plesk, Or does the power pack addon allows me to install MSSQL on my machine and let my users use it?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi Tal,

the Plesk Addon "Power Pack" does not include a Microsoft licence and Plesk does not sell any Microsoft licences at all. When purchasing a "Power Pack" licence, you only have the ability to use MS SQL servers ( instead of MySQL for example ). :)

OK, That's what i thought :)
Do you know which license I need (from microsoft)?
Or do you have a link for more information about licensing MSSQL for plesk?

I kinda knew that google exists... But I hoped that you will have a link to this specific subject to simplify the research for your future potential customers.
Thanks, I will search at google.

Hi Tal,

hm... I'm a bit surprised, that you didn't even had a look at the search result... You should get official Microsoft links at the top 5 search results, which will instantly direct you to sites, with licence infos and purchasing possibilties. ;)

I tried same but all to no avail as followed all instructions by Plesk and their blogs to purchase Power Pack or Developer Pack to gain access to MS SQL extension, I have purchased and paid for both Power Pack and Developer Pack extensions to our Plesk but yet no MS SQL at all. To be honest, we are so disappointed and feel defrauded by Plesk as they didn't keep to their promises of delivering MS SQL Database. Why promise such when you can't deliver? Now the money is gone? So sad and outrageous!!!

Hi @Teejay, thank you for your post(s). I have approved this here and deleted the other three with the same content because they were duplicates. Please let me know what the expectation was when you purchase the Power Pack. It sounds like you were expecting to buy a Microsoft SQL Server license, but the extensions do not include the server software itself, but a way to connect to MS SQL. For Microsoft components you need to buy them from Microsoft.

If you feel that you bought an extension in error, please simply contact the licensing support team and explain the issue and that you ask for a refund. I am sure they will help you or internally refer the case to someone who can.

Back