• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSSQL / MYSQL migration between 2 servers

M

mircea_hosteur

how do I transfer several MSSQL servers when I am forced to manually migrate hosting accounts from a server to another !

I have manually recreated about 150 sites on another new server, I have transfered the files, but I need to transfer databases also. Ok, I found the location of databases, but how do I proceed in order to retore connexions with Plesk ?!!

Hello,

why not to use Plesk Backup tool ?
it will backup every thing.

and then use plesk restore tool

BUT MANUALLY

I KNOW BUT I NEED TO RESTORE IT MANUALLY, BECAUSE OF SOME pLESK CRASHES

Originally posted by mircea_hosteur
how do I transfer several MSSQL servers when I am forced to manually migrate hosting accounts from a server to another !

I have manually recreated about 150 sites on another new server, I have transfered the files, but I need to transfer databases also. Ok, I found the location of databases, but how do I proceed in order to retore connexions with Plesk ?!!
The only way to make a connection between Plesk and SQL databases is to create that databases directly through Control Panel.
It will create empty databases. If you want to restore backed up content you need remove that DBs from within SQL server and restore them from backup.

Mircea,

I migrated a few servers by backup/restoring to new boxes and if you try hard enough you will be able to make the backup work.

If you still wanna do the transfer the 'hard core' way... here are a few things:

You can transfer MSSQL db's using DTS from one SQL server to another and then add the databses and users in Plesk by editing the psa (just a few automated queries on the data_bases and db_users tables, very nice and easy).

I has a very similar problem. I use an external dedicated SQL servers for all Plesk webservers and the migration process doesn't migrate remote dbs, so I have 2 little scripts that generate the mysql querries I need to run on the psa using data from the old Plesk server (domain name, db name, db user, uder passwd) and It doesn't take more that 10 mins for the whole process.

If you need additional info, please contact me on IM.

Back