• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MU41 breaks /tmp

HostaHost

Regular Pleskian
Had an occurrence last night of MU41 installing and then /tmp ends up with the following permissions and ownership:

drwxrwx---. 8 apache psacln 4096 Aug 3 09:37 tmp

Any ideas how that would have happened? It of course broke everything except apache.

Any ideas how that would have happened? It of course broke everything except apache.

I'm not sure what response you are expecting, but it's easy enough to infer that the following script is to blame:

http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/common/mu_session_path.sh

It has several flaws, one of them being failure to check that session.save_path value is a default one for a given OS (or in other way restrict potential adverse effects of changing permissions).

Just fix your /tmp permissions. It restricts itself to running only once, so don't worry.

I can confirm this issue. We have seen /tmp permissons changed on all Plesk 10.4 machines after MU #41 was installed. Again a wonderful example of the lack of testing at Parallels.

Worth noting that we use /tmp as PHP's session.save_path instead of the default value.

Hostasaurus.Com, Tozz I'm sorry, I have missed this aspect. It was my fault.

Back